Instagram

Sunday, September 14, 2014

The article is up now and a video how to set the chipbreaker

Steve Elliott's worked overtime and got the article up on his website, complete with the abstract. A PDF is also available at the bottom for easy printing.

http://planetuning.infillplane.com/html/mechanics_of_chipbreakers.html

I got some responses about the 0.1 mm setting of the chipbreaker. For me personally that's nothing extraordinary. Usually I have it set a bit further away in my smoother, but when the need arises, there is no problem to set it that close. But I understand it is not easy for everyone. Here is a tip I read on UKworkshop.co.uk  allthough I have seen it before.

I use a piece of softwood, Set the blade upright and push it down into the wood. Then I slide the chipbreaker down and tighten the screw.


The result when looking on the microscope is a very usefull 0.13 mm distance:


No comments:

Post a Comment